Monday, January 21, 2013

Coming out of Hibernation

  Some of you may have noticed that it's been a while since I posted anything. Like a month. Don't worry, I didn't die, or get sick (a cold doesn't really count), or have anything dramatic happen. I've just had a severe case of the lazies since Christmas.

  I was only going to take a week or so off, so I could focus on time with my family, but after the holidays I just kept putting off writing. I've been a little caught up in jdorama land lately, too, and all the dramas I've been marathoning have been jdoramas. Especially those starring Kanno Miho and Tamaki Hiroshi. And let's face it, the only road that will lead to is a marathon rewatch of Nodame Cantabile. Yay! (Possible short recaps coming soon!)
  But now it's time to shake off my laziness, eat everything in sight, and get busy being productive again. Like a bear coming out of hibernation. Who eats everything in sight. And runs around productively terrifying people. Or something.
  Okay, enough of that analogy. Besides, if I relate to any animal in Asian dramas, it's most definitely the stuffed pig from My Lovely Sam Soon. I mean, the pig-bunny is adorable (really, the only thing I really loved in You're Beautiful), and pandas are awesome (especially in Flower Boy Next Door), but the pig made me truly and deeply fall for Korean dramas. It's so incredibly amazing that my former roommate even bought me one as a Christmas present, and it's the only stuffed animal I own as an adult. (I've never really been one of those girls.) 
  Okay, enough of my rambling. Here are my goals for this blog. I'm going to finish all the posts I've started, finish recapping Kekkon Shinai, start a new recapping project (tbd), and discuss more of the things I want to talk about. I'm also thinking about adding some posts on Bollywood movies I love. 
  Also, I really want to connect more with you, my readers. I've been really bad about responding to your comments lately, but I want you to know that I value your input and I love you all. Thank you for your support and the time you take to read my blog. I started to write this blog because I felt that my tastes and perspective are often different from the other blogs I've read. And while I love reading them and getting to know other POVs, I want to share how I feel about the dramas I watch. So I really appreciate that you are interested in what I have to say, whether you share my opinions or not. 
  So, thank you all for being awesome. And please keep commenting. If you've left a comment recently and I haven't responded, check back soon. Also, if you have any suggestions or requests, I do pay attention to them, even if I don't reply in a timely manner. So feel free to hit me up. And keep on awesoming! 

1 comment: