Friday, August 8, 2014

Oh, What a Difference a Pair of Scissors Can Make

  You know, it wasn't until I started watching kdramas that I realized how excited I could get over a haircut—at least one that wasn't my own. Especially when it happens to a fictional character. But I have to say that this whole new-start, new-'do thing in dramas is almost always a good thing. (P.S. I wanted a photo from the first scene of Fated to Love You because it's hilarious. I didn't really mean for it to seem so sensual. *shrugs* Oh, well.)

  I mean, let's take the example of Gun's new style. After all, it's pretty much the best thing to come out of this week's episodes of Fated to Love You.
  He started out looking like this:
  Admittedly, this is a style that looks fantastic on many people. For instance, my 60-year old aunt. And I will say that it was starting to grow on me. A bit. (Then again, that may be because it reminds me of my amazing aunt.) But then it morphed into. . . whatever this straightened version is:
He looks 20 years older, amiright?
  Again, a look that works for many people. Jang Hyuk is not one of them, despite his general attractiveness.
  But then, then the world was blessed with The Best Haircut of All Time (okay, okay, hyperbole, I know). And the angels danced. And the world swooned. And, more importantly, this drama might just pull itself out of the hole it dug itself into by throwing in an amnesia plotline (more on that later).
  Thank you Jang Hyuk. And bless you, Jang Hyuk's stylist. Bless you forever.

  Update 9/6, Episode 19: 
  Nope. Nope, nope, nope. I guess I wrote too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment